The objectives of the Module
- reforming of the existing and introduction of new courses at the university with a priority to the study of European Studies.
- approbation and dissemination of innovative methods of teaching at the university and beyond considering tasks of reforming of the higher educational system in Ukraine.
- the development of intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding between Ukraine and the partner universities and academic organizations of the EU countries through inter-university collaboration and cooperation.
- adaptation of European experience in the teaching of courses on European Studies at the University and the region.
- Ensuring of compatibility of courses developed between the University and partner organizations in Ukraine and the EU.
-Implementation of the course during the semester at the Historical Faculty.
-Conducting of international scientific conferences, regional methodical workshop and round-tables for students, researchers, teachers in secondary and higher education, policy makers and civil society representatives on specific aspects of European studies.
-Publication of didactic and methodical materials, scientific monographies and a free distribution of them through interlibrary loan.
-Conducting of joint research (especially with the Bulgarian colleagues) and the publication of their results in the Ukrainian and Bulgarian scientific journals.
Implementation of module assumes an enhance of the knowledge level and forming of the skills of target module groups on such directions:
- The history of ideas and projects ofEuropean unity, taking into account the historical context of their appearance.
- The history of the integration processes in Europe from the second half of XX century.
- The study of the period of transformation, modernization and integration experience to the EU CEE countries at the end of XX – beginning of XXI century.
- analysis of the development of the EU's institutional system and the basic directions of integration in the current stage.
- The study of the key external and internal challenges faced by the EU at the beginning of the XXI century.
- The development of independent learning skills according to life-long learning concept.
- The formation of critical thinking and practical skills of work on educational and scientific materials in course participants.
- discussion of certain topics on the history of European integration, individually and in groups, during the preparation and defense of written assignments and spoken presentations.
- Development and introduction of new courses on European studies at the University
- Training of qualified specialists (experts) in the field of the history of European integration and the European Union.
- Exchange of experiences on implementation of new technologies and teaching methods, both within the university and outside in the field of secondary and higher education of the region.
- Orientation of young researchers on professional work in the field of European studies
- Establishment and strengthening of forms of cooperation of the University on the program "Erasmus +" with partner organizations from Ukraine and the EU.
- Improving knowledge on certain aspects of European studies of civil servants and civil society representatives.
All this will allow to improve the quality of education and introduce new directions of European Studies in the field of higher education in Ukraine.